Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Science Centre?

I visited the Ontario Science Centre of all places recently.  I had the urge to go.  Don't you think every Torontonian gets the urge to go back to the Science Centre every once in a while?  I know I do anyway.

The first attempt was a failure because that place keeps terrible hours for working people and students (middle of the day stuff that only children and their guardians can manage).  The second was semi-successful, but I need more time.  It takes a lot more than the two hours I gave myself to look around the place.

I visited the Da Vinci exhibit, which was extremely interesting because it was all about design and development of ideas.  It's perfect for me because that's pretty much what I do all day, so I got to check out how a master does it (no photos allowed).
the oh-so-familiar logo


try as I might, I could not get a good shot of this ceiling installation sculptural piece

mechanics!

cardboard chair

my science exploration partner

the rainbow light corridor

wearing a futuristic white unitard, but in a da vinci-esque setting... hmm

what may have happened to the dinos

I could have spent all day in this interactive zone

trying my hand at cobbling (with cardboard)

No comments:

Post a Comment